Note: Carbon Goldis actively trading. Some items are in the process of being restocked and the website is being updated regularly. Thank you for your patience.
How to use Biochar
Guidance for all seasons and tasks
Because biochar works by improving plant health, it has a wide range of applications. Below are a few guides to help you use biochar for a number of tasks.
• Plant maincrop potatoes, sow maincrop peas, carrots, beetroot in our All Purpose Compost
• Weed the soil round soft fruit and top-dress with compost and Soil Improver
• Pot on seeds and tomato plants.
• Sow salads and herbs
• Plant outdoor tomatoes in their final positions in Soil Improver and Fertiliser enriched soils
• Sow veg and herbs for winter harvest
• Keep soil hydrated.
• Pot on roses in a sheltered, shady position
• Plant up containers of spring bulbs
• Sow hardy annuals for early flowering in the new year.
• Bring some potted plants into the greenhouse
• Bring in and plant out Christmas trees
• Cut back dead stems on herbaceous plants e.g. paeonies, and top dress
• In mild weather divide and transplant overlarge herbaceous plants.
A Biochar Product For Every Task
Biochar works by improving plant health, naturally providing a wide range of applications and benefits.