Why make biochar?
Making and using biochar is a ‘win-win-win’ proposition – it helps reduce climate change, improves soil health and boosts plant growth. The long-term productivity and sustainability of horticulture, agriculture and forestry can be significantly boosted.
All kilns from the SuperChar 100 range are engineered in the UK and deliver the following benefits:
- Fast burn cycles – biomass is converted to biochar within 8 hours.
- Flexible – can process moist feedstock including freshly cut wood.
- Efficient – biochar yields of around 20-30% of the feedstock weight. For example around 100kg of biochar from a single burn with the SuperChar 100 range.
- Easy to use – designed to operate in low infrastructure environments. Aside from the required training, operating a kiln does not require any specific skills.
- Transportable – kilns can be transported from site to site on a trailer or a flatbed vehicle in order to reach available feedstock.
- Low emissions – Carbon Gold kilns recycle syngases to produce low GHG emissions.
- Professional support – price includes an operating manual, email assistance and on-site training.
Carbon Gold kilns produce biochar at temperatures between 450 and 550C. This is the optimum temperature to create biochar that supports soil ecology and plant growth.
We are developing innovative new kiln designs able to make biochar in larger volumes and from a wider range of feedstocks. To register your interest for the SuperChar range please get in touch here.